HMI in the Future Cars
Smart Mobility Webinar Series
About the webinar:
Cars have turned into computers-on-wheels. The modern car has dozens of computer systems taking care of engine control, safety systems or networked services. The number of these systems will only increase in the future, promising us safer, better and more enjoyable voyage.
How can we make sure that not all these systems steal the driver’s attention? How to design interaction with car functions to feel effortless, intuitive, and non-distracting? How to give all the necessary information to drivers without overloading their brains? How to make it all safe?
In this webinar we discuss the Origo steering wheel concept, developed within a Finnish automotive ecosystem, in collaboration between Canatu, Siili Auto, TactoTek and Rightware. With the new Origo Steering Wheel, driver can manage all core functions with their thumbs without letting go off the steering wheel, minimizing distracted driving. Watch webinar to learn more.
- Welcoming address, Petra Söderling, Senior Advisor, Business Finland
- Introduction to Multimodal In-Vehicle Interaction and Intelligent Information Presentation (MIVI project), Roope Raisamo, Professor, Head of Tampere Unit for Computer-Human Interaction Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences (TAUCHI)
- Introduction to Origo steering wheel with 3D touch controls, Mari Makkonen, Marketing Director, Canatu
- User Interface, Hasse Sinivaara, Senior Technologist, Design Innovations, TactoTek
- User Experience, Timo Posio, Business Development Manager, Siili Auto
- Industrial-university collaboration in the Origo concept, Ahmed Farooq Postdoctoral Researcher, Tampere University
- Q&A and closing remarks
Watch this recorded webinar where you will learn about the advantages of the new Origo Steering wheel with Canatu 3D touch surfaces, and their use in solving real world HMI challenges.
About the organizer:
Business Finland is the Finnish government organization for innovation funding and trade, travel and investment promotion. Business Finland’s 600 experts work in 40 offices globally and in 16 regional offices around Finland.
Invest in Finland is part of Business Finland. The USA team serves American companies and research partners in making most of what Finland’s technology ecosystems have to offer.
Want to learn more?
Would you like to learn more about Canatu and 3D touch solutions? Please send us a message or request a meeting.