We are seeking an
to the CANATU equipment engineering team, responsible for automation hardware and software in CANATU production and R&D equipment. Equipment is developed and produced for internal needs as well as sold to external customers.
Canatu’s products are nanocarbon thin films, and they are created in a nanocarbon reactor based on reactive gases in a gas flow type of furnace and coated with thin polymer coatings. Applications require good optical properties and electrical conductivity, and products need to be uniform over large areas. Equipment are chemical reactors processing gasses at high temperatures; characterization and measurement tools; complex automated collection lines using ABB robots.
- Design and specification of automation project hardware, including:
- PLC and control automation based
- Communication between system components
- Pneumatic control of some system components
- Cooperation with engineering defining process sensors, mass flow controllers, valves etc.
- Coordination of automation hardware sourcing from suppliers
- Writing software specifications and software
- Responsibility for quality, constant improvement of designs
- Responsibility for software versions control and documentation
- Supporting assembly of the system including cabling and pneumatic piping
- Testing assembled system as part of equipment production process
- Work on developing equipment quality, manage occasional customer failure cases according to internal quality processes
Experience and skills
- Education in software or automation or similar domain, Min BSc ideally MSc
- 3+ years of experience in working with Siemens PLC based systems
- Working experience in automation
- Coding skills and automation development ability
- Understanding of mechanical, automation and electrical engineering
- Experience in working with cabinets suppliers and external contractors supporting CANATU during high workload projects
- Nice to have experience in:
- Experience in OMRON PLC based systems
- Designing automation for production machines in automotive or chemical industry
- Experience with measurement and characterization tools (optical and electrical characterization of coatings, AOI, characterization of large sheets of material)
- Experience working with robots
- Experience working with mass flow controllers, valves, ATEX and safety with dangerous gasses
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical and/or process engineering
- Motivated self-starter and team player, works well with others in a matrix structure
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines and work without supervision and escalate where necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT), SharePoint document management and general computer literacy
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Occasional traveling to customers in Japan, Taiwan, US or China
- Languages: English is must, Finnish preferred
We offer the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with high growth potential and a cross-cultural team with over 13 nationalities. We look for ambitious, talented people who are enthusiastic about resolving world-scale problems with nanoscale innovations.
Read more about Canatu as an employer.
Watch our videos to get an overview of what we do:
For further information please contact on June 10, at 16:00-17:00 EET: Mr. Erkki Soininen, COO, tel. +358 40 5741504.
Act quickly and send your application, CV and salary request by June 30, 2021 via email to email@example.com or via Linkedin