Nanocarbon Process Engineer
Canatu is seeking a
Nanocarbon Process Engineer
for nanocarbon process development and global customer support. Depending on your qualifications and aspirations, the emphasis of your work could be more on process development or on customer support.
Canatu has developed a unique nanocarbon material, Carbon NanoBud (CNB), and a manufacturing process based on Floating Catalyst Chemical Vapor Deposition. The core of Canatu’s automated CNB production system is a CNB synthesis reactor.
Canatu is now expanding its manufacturing in Finland. Furthermore, Canatu has concluded a licensing agreement with a major Japanese automotive manufacturing company. This agreement includes sales and delivery of a substantial number of CNB reactors. To cope with the demand for CNB reactors for license customers and CNB manufacturing equipment for in-house manufacturing, Canatu has decided to build a separate equipment business team within its Manufacturing Operations. This team will work in collaboration with Canatu’s in-house manufacturing, quality and sales teams to build and deliver CNB reactors and other manufacturing equipment.
Nanocarbon Process Engineer will be a key player in Canatu’s business expansion. You will be responsible for customer support, including ramping up and verifying the reactors and the CNB deposition process at the customers site. You will also participate in CNB process development at Canatu. You should have a solid background on relevant industrial process which will help you to develop a deep understanding of Canatu´s core technology.
The position is located in Vantaa, Finland, and involves frequent traveling to Japan.
- Development of CNB synthesis and thin film deposition process and equipment
- Ramping up and verifying new reactors and CNB process in Finland
- Ramping up and verifying new reactors and CNB process at the customer site
- Training of customers in Finland and at the customer site
- Troubleshooting and other technical support in Finland and at the customer site
Experience and skills:
- 3+ years of industrial experience on thin film deposition (e.g. ALD, CVD, MBE, MOCVD, PVD, sputtering) or semiconductor equipment
- Experience in gas flow systems and hazardous chemicals
- For customer support role, you should have readiness to travel for equipment installations and support in Asia, particularly Japan
- Good English written and verbal communication, preferably also Finnish, Japanese is a bonus
- Ability to learn fast and work independently at customer interface with minimal guidance
- Solid problem-solving skills, customer-oriented mindset and “can do” attitude.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- BSc or MSc or some other similar degree in Engineering
Nice to have:
- Project management skills.
- Hands-on experience on mechanics and automation
- Experience on equipment installations at customer sites, particularly Asia.
We offer the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with high growth potential and a cross-cultural team with over 10 nationalities. We look for talented people who are genuinely interested in developing technologies for the future.
Watch our videos to get an overview of what we do: https://www.youtube.com/user/CanatuVideos
For further information please contact on July 23, at 15-16 EET: Mr. Erkki Soininen, COO, tel. +358 40 5741 504, or July 11, at 13-15 EET: Mr. Ilkka Varjos, CTO, tel. +358 400 372 785.
Act quickly and send your application, CV and salary request by August 1, 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.