Project Manager/Junior Project Manager (HW and Automation)
Canatu is seeking a
Project manager/Junior project manager (HW and Automation) to the CANATU equipment engineering team
responsible for developing and building equipment for production or R&D; for internal needs as well as equipment sold to external customers.
Canatu’s products are nanocarbon thin films, and they are created in a nanocarbon reactor based on reactive gases in a gas flow type of furnace and coated with thin polymer coatings. Applications require good optical properties and electrical conductivity, and products need to be uniform over large areas.
A typical equipment project consists of:
- Clarifying customer requirements specification based on internal (R&D or production) requirements, or external customer specification (typical external customers would be large semiconductor or automotive companies in Japan, China, Taiwan, US)
- Translating those requirements into projects tasks, necessary designs, and purchase items list
- Documenting project
- Getting approval of the proposal, and project execution according to internal process
Result of the project is usually new production reactor, measurement equipment or other manufacturing machine.
- Manage all aspects of projects – including phase reviews, design & development, and full documentation. Sourcing, manufacturing, and assembly support included.
- Depending on technical skills designing some items such as automation software development, design of automation systems etc.
- Maintain communication with customer throughout the project, including milestone project status updates, report on project cost and timeline
- Conduct regular project meetings
- Control materials required in the project, especially long lead items, negotiate with suppliers
- Ensure the availability of materials according to BOM
- Work on developing equipment quality, manage occasional customer failure cases according to internal quality processes
Experience and skills
- Education in software or automation or similar domain
- Working experience in automation
- Coding skills and automation development ability.
- Project management experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of mechanical, automation and electrical engineering
Nice to have experience in:
- Design for manufacturing
- Chemical reactors design including gas flow controls and high temperatures
- Industrial machine automation systems and robots
We are also looking for:
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical and/or process engineering
- Motivated self-starter and team player, works well with others in a matrix structure
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines and work without supervision and escalate where necessary
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PPT), SharePoint document management and general computer literacy
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Occasional traveling to customers in Japan, Taiwan, US or China
- Languages: English is must, Finnish preferred
We offer the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with high growth potential and a cross-cultural team with over 13 nationalities. We look for ambitious, talented people who are enthusiastic about resolving world-scale problems with nanoscale innovations.
Read more about Canatu as an employer.
Watch our videos to get an overview of what we do:
For further information please contact on June 8, at 16:00-17:00 EET: Mr. Erkki Soininen, COO, tel. +358 40 5741504.
Act quickly and send your application, CV and salary request by June 30, 2021 via email to email@example.com or via LinkedIn