(Sr.) Automation Engineer
Canatu is seeking a
(Sr.) Automation Engineer
to lead automation projects in Canatu’s Manufacturing.
Canatu has developed a unique nanocarbon material, Carbon NanoBud (CNB). The core of Canatu’s automated CNB manufacturing line is a CNB synthesis reactor. The line consists also of a roll-to-roll substrate handling line, a robotic system, coating and film treatment systems, and test and measurement instruments.
(Sr.) Automation Engineer will lead development, design, build and verification of automation systems for manufacturing equipment for CNB film mass manufacturing. You may be a seasoned automation professional wishing to put your fingerprint into creating something totally new in the industry. Or you may be in early stages of your career, and passionate to learn and grow. We can craft your role accordingly. Depending on your qualifications, you may have a chance to grow your career to become Canatu’s Chief Engineer for manufacturing equipment development.
The position is located in Vantaa, Finland.
- Developing, designing, documenting, building, and verifying new automation and instrumentation solutions for Canatu’s Manufacturing
- Selecting and managing external automation design partners and suppliers of manufacturing equipment with automation content
- Collaborating with the R&D, manufacturing and maintenance teams to create safe and reliable manufacturing tools.
Experience and skills:
- Must have:
- Experience in developing industrial control/automation systems.
- Ability to interpret process requirements and transform them to instrumentation and automation designs
- Knowledge of programming of PLCs, and knowledge of communication networks
- Experience working with external partners and suppliers
- Experience in documentation
- Readiness to travel to equipment installations and support in Asia
- Good English written and verbal communication, preferably also Finnish
- Nice to have:
- Experience of building mass production equipment with vacuum and/or gas flow systems and components.
- Familiarity with automated inspection and test equipment.
- Experience with Siemens and/or Omron PLC systems.
- Project management skills.
- Product management experience.
- Experience of equipment installations at customer sites, particularly Asia.
- Knows quality systems, and systematic product development for manufacturing equipment
- BSc or MSc or some other similar degree in Engineering.
We offer the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with high growth potential and a cross-cultural team with over 10 nationalities. We look for talented people who are genuinely interested in developing technologies for the future.
Watch our videos to get an overview of what we do: https://www.youtube.com/user/CanatuVideos
For further information please contact Mr. Erkki Soininen, COO, on February 25, at 16:00-17:00 EET, tel. +358 40 5741 504.
Act quickly and send your application, CV and salary request by March 10, 2019 via email to email@example.com.