Test and measurement Engineer
We are seeking a
Test and Measurement Engineer
for development of Canatu’s R&D and production measurement and test systems.
Canatu’s products are nanocarbon thin films, and they are created in a nanocarbon reactor based on reactive gases in a gas flow type of furnace, and coated with thin polymer coatings. Applications require good optical properties and electrical conductivity, and products need to be uniform over large areas and they must be defect free.
A typical production measurement system project includes the following steps: identification of the best measurement method(s) for the process control issue at hand, creation of a measurement concept and identifying its capability, leading measurement instrument development and build in-house or outsourced, leading development and implementation of data collection and analysis solution, and verifying the system in pilot and real production.
- Design of Test and Measurement systems for R&D and production
- Building and verifying Test and Measurement systems
- Continuous improvement of Test and Measurement systems
Experience and skills:
- Experience of lab scale and industrial measurement systems
- Understanding of production equipment and interfacing measurement systems to them
- Knowledge of measurement system suppliers and developers
- Good understanding of control systems
- Experience of automated measurement systems
- Understanding of Statistical Process control
- Measurement System Analysis
- Software: System level understanding
- Data acquisition, storage, and traceability experience
- Analysis and reporting capability of measurement data
- Optical, electrical, and visual measurements of thin films
- Thermal, mechanical, pressure, and flow measurements of gas systems
- Knowledge of relevant instruments and gauges for these measurements
- Solid understanding of optics, electricity, thermal, mechanical, and gas flow properties
- Hands-on experience on mechanics and automation
- Utilizing measurement data to improve thin film based products and processes for their manufacture
- SW: Capability to make own code (C++, C#, Python, JavaScrip and TypeScript or other relevant for building metrology equipment
- Project management skills
- Good English written and verbal communication, preferably also Finnish
- Creativity – ability to create innovative technical concepts
- Solid problem-solving skills, customer-oriented mindset and “can do” attitude
- Good math and logical thinking
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- BSc or MSc or PhD or some other similar degree in Engineering.
We offer the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial company with high growth potential and a cross-cultural team with over 13 nationalities. We look for ambitious, talented people who are enthusiastic about resolving world-scale problems with nanoscale innovations.
Read more about Canatu as an employer.
Watch our videos to get an overview of what we do:
For further information please contact on May 17, at 16:00-17:00 EET: Mr. Erkki Soininen, COO, tel. +358 40 5741504.
Act quickly and send your application, CV and salary request by June 1, 2021 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin